Piece of Art



   So I think it’s time I let you hear about the story of a young girl
A troubled girl who battled with a lot of stuff
Nobody was able to see the walls she was trying to break through
A young girl who was so afraid of what others might think
She hid herself behind the curtains, and put on a masquerade
Learned all the right lines, and knew exactly how to play her part
Lost sight of herself after a long while
Their became a day where she decided she was tired of living for everyone else
She wanted to follow her own dreams, and listen to her own heart
The scars that she once tried to hide, she learned to look at them as art
It was time for her to break free of the shackles and make her mark on the world
Break out of the box and let her light shine so bright
She gained back her pride, and learned not to just let stuff slide
Picked herself up and found the beauty that she had been shielding inside
The point of this poem is to tell you to continue to fight
To find the art behind your scars and the beauty in your struggle
To realize that the pain is temporary, and that you’re journey is just beginning
To continue to focus on you grind and to never let anyone knock down your pride
Maybe you’re thinking there's no way for me to know what you’re going through
That I’m just a writer without any experience on what it feels like to want to just say goodbye
To close the chapter and slowly fade away would be mistake
Because let me tell you something, that young troubled girl was me
I pushed through the obstacles and found my reason to smile
So don’t give up on yourself just yet, I promise there’s so much more to life

Once you realize that your scars are a beautiful piece of art

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Enough

Remember

Be Alright